September 21, 2015

Monday Post - Who Are You


This weekend something queer happened. I had a short wedding on Friday and a morning shoot on Saturday... then I settled at Anna´s place & we started our weekend together. Made pancakes for breakfast and had lunch with Samosa´s. After a full day of relaxing I just could not believe my weekend had another day of rest in store. Good times, friends. I watched three sunrises and sunsets. I mean seriously, when was the last time you took the time to savour a new day being born? Gosh it is a miracle, every.single.time. So there I was on the balcony talking to God. 

In the past weeks I started reading the Chronicles of Narnia and I have to tell you, I am in love with these books! Not the films, the books! I think there is so much truth in them that I have to read them all over again. Even more, I think C.S. Lewis has a gift when it comes to speaking about God´s character. Some of the lines just hit me full on. 



My absolute favourite so far is The Horse and His Boy.
At one point in his journey Shasta is hopelessly lost. He does not know where he is, where he goes, where he should go... nothing.


What put a stop to all this was a sudden fright. Shasta discovered that someone or somebody was walking beside him. It was pitch dark and he could see nothing. And the Thing (or Person) was going so quietly that he could hardly hear any footfalls. What he could hear was breathing. His invisible companion seemed to breathe on a very large scale, and Shasta got the impression that it was a very large creature. And he had come to notice this breathing so gradually that he had really no idea how long it had been there. It was a horrible shock. 
It darted into his mind that he had heard long ago that there were giants in these Northern countries. He bit his lip in terror. But now that he really had something to cry about, he stopped crying. 
The Thing (unless it was a Person) went on beside him so very quietly that Shasta began to hope he had only imagined it. But just as he was becoming quite sure of it, there suddenly came a deep, rich sigh out of the darkness beside him. That couldn't be imagination! Anyway, he had felt the hot breath of that sigh on his chilly left hand. 
If the horse had been any good - or if he had known how to get any good out of the horse - he would have risked everything on a breakaway and a wild gallop. But he knew he couldn't make that horse gallop. So he went on at a walking pace and the unseen companion walked and breathed beside him. At last he could bear it no longer. 
"Who are you?" he said, scarcely above a whisper. 
"One who has waited long for you to speak," said the Thing. 
C.S. Lewis


“Who are you?'
One who has waited long for you to speak.” 


Aren´t we like this often? At least I feel utterly without direction at times.. and I run in crazy zig-zags and totally forgot to invest some tranquil moments with God. Since I read this passage I picture Him often walking right next to me... always waiting for us to ask, who are you? I have tried to increase those moments the past weekend. Always curious where the next bend in the road might take me.

I hope you have the most wonderful new week, y´all!!











No comments:

Post a Comment