January 31, 2012

The glass

Sometimes, just sometimes there are these days when the glass is half empty. We all know them. And I think it is just a part of being human. The art of life is to see the glass half full again. So today very much to my surprise it started to snow. This means for the Italians I share this city with they prepare for the state of emergency by staying home. I on my part took my camera and walked out for a stroll. With a smile on my face puzzling all the three people I came across. I had all Benetton Sales to myself. But today was not the day for Benetton. Today was the day for my new photographer gloves! I wanted to get them some while ago and finally they are mine. I weatherproofed them! They are wonderful!

So what is to be done on a day like this? 1) I try to keep calm and put the kettle on.

This is my all round solution. It really helps. Promise!

2) Then I remember one of my favorite books. It´s called “Life without limits” from Nick Vujicic. He overcame all the struggles of a life without limbs and became an international motivational speaker. Honestly? His story is absolutely amazing! Read about it or watch some clips on youtube and let yourself be inspired. He is a freaking living miracle!


So then there is just one nice thing left to do, go out, get some fresh air, have the city to yourself and take pictures. Enjoy with me some of the “snow” impressions. ;-)






I know my friendly way to explain my lovely roomy how to use my camera is overwhelming... 


I wish you all a very happy Tuesday!


~~~
Manchmal, nur manchmal, da gibt es diese Tage da scheint das Glas halb leer. Wir kennen die alle, diese Tage. Das ist menschlich. Die Kunst ist es das Glas wieder halb voll zu sehen. Heute, sehr zu meiner Überraschung begann es zu schneien in Siena. Was im Großen und Ganzen für die Italiener die mit mir die Stadt teilen bedeutet, dass Ausnahmezustand herrscht. Es war kaum jemand in der Stadt unterwegs. Ich hatte den kompletten Benetton Sale für mich allein. Nur heute war nicht für Benetton vorgesehen. Heute hab ich mir endlich meine Photographen Handschuhe gegönnt. Das wollte ich schon länger machen. Sie wurden sofort auf Wettertauglichkeit getestet und ich darf berichten. Sie sind SUPER!

Was macht man also nun mit so einem Tag? 1) Wasser aufsetzten und Tee kochen. Das hilft Wunder, ich versprechs! 2) Mich an eines meiner Lieblingsbücher erinnern. Es heißt „Leben ohne Limit“ und ist von Nick Vujicic. Ein junger Mann ohne Arme und Beine der heute ein internationaler Motivationsredner ist. Seine Geschichte ist wirklich unglaublich! Hör sie dir an, oder schau die clips auf youtube.Lass dich inspirieren. Er ist echt der Hammer! Ein wandelndes Wunder!

Letztendlich bleibt nichts anders zu tun als, raus zu gehen, frische Luft zu tanken, die leere Stadt genießen, Bilder zu machen, Handschuhfreude und Tee zu schlürfen.

Enjoy, einige der „Schnee“ Bilder mit mir! ;-)

Ich wünsche euch allen eine sehr schönen Dienstag!

No comments:

Post a Comment