September 22, 2014

4 Things I should have learned by now - Monday post

You would think that after shooting my fourteenth solo wedding this summer, there would be some kind of routine. But really there isn´t. Or at least not in many respects. After almost all my weddings I sit down and do a small evaluation of the day. I jot down things I learned that day and things I want to improve. Here are some things I should have learned by now...

1. Never, ever rely on the weather. As in EVER. Summer in Germany was friggin cold and I constantly wore the wrong dress and wrong shoes. Now it is mid September and I thought to myself. I will not let this happen again. Not this time. I checked the weather app in advance (yay) and picked out a warm long sleeved dress for last Saturday. Like I said. Never trust it. Even when checking the weather. It turned out all so much better and warmer. I, of course... melted and took the most happy sunset images on a dusty vineyard road which beautifully resembled to a tuscan country road. Gladly there where sandals among the shoes in the back of my car. 

2. Every wedding morning starts a bit the same. I worked on my routine and prepare all the packing the night before. Still I almost exclusively leave the house in a panic. Jumping over the bags, while munching down the muslie with one and doing my make up with the other hand... you get the picture. I am glad to say... I surprised my sister Viola by not having the panic mode on this week. We are getting there. ^^

3. A goal of mine is to get some grip on the amount of sleep before a wedding. This is such a hard one to tackle. No matter how much camomile tea I down, I never wind down early enough and it has gotten normal for me to wake up like one hour before the alarm goes off... and then I usually wait till it goes off  waiting for the day to begin. Because I am so excited for it to be a new day of my dreams. 

4. I way to often forget to take selfies. Why is that so? I want to take more wedding selfies. Not that I intend to run around with my own face in front of my lens while I am working.   I just mean one or two won´t hurt. This way I have some images to go along with the Monday posts. ;)

Here are some instagrams to go along with the story. Maybe next week I will have the wedding-selfie down ;)



This moment when I was finding my way to the location... 
my heart skipped a beat. 
I mean seriously! 
This was such a gorgeous moment of knowing, 
today I will be up there!


Have a wonderful new September week! 















No comments:

Post a Comment